Thai Massage

There are a few activities that one MUST do when visiting Thailand.
1. visit Buddhist Temples
2. eat Thai food
3. shop at a local market
4. ride an elephant
5. get a MASSAGE!

There are a lot of places where you can get a good massage for a really affordable price. Of course it's best to consult with locals first or read reviews before deciding where you should go because you might end up in a place with questionable services. There are a lot of those too... When it comes to getting a massage, safety and privacy should always be a priority. 

So, for Christmas last year, I decided to treat myself and get a nice "holiday" massage. I had a friend go with me since I do not speak any Thai and I was scared that I might get a service I didn't ask for. ;)

Our first stop was a light dinner at Lek Nom Sod. It's a milkshake shop. "Nom sod" in Thai means milk. They offer different beverages from fruit milkshakes to latte. I got a lychee milkshake and it was yummy! You'll be surprised to know that Thai people are obsessed with shakes and coffee. There's a lot of coffee/milkshake shops around. They'll have two to three shops in one street.



After a light meal, we then headed to Guy Jai Massage and Spa where we got a 2-hour Thai massage. The service was really commendable. Before going up to our room, our masseuse washed our feet first. Talk about pampering!

The room was dimly lit which contributed to the relaxing atmosphere of the place. The massage itself was heavenly. It was very thorough and calming. My masseur was very strong, but he was also very careful not to break my bones into pieces. Hahaha! He started from my toes to the top of my head. It was great! I paid 400 Baht for the 2-hour massage. That's about $12. After our massage, we were offered a warm cup of Chrysanthemum tea.

The only thing that bothered me was the television in the room. I didn't understand the need for it at all. I could have asked them to turn it off but I didn't. Well, I guess it was entertainment for our masseur.


If you ever pay a visit to Thailand, make sure that you include getting a massage in your itinerary. Besides, it wouldn't be a really vacation if you don't take some time to pamper yourself. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dating 102: Diskarte Mode

What 13 Hours of Labor Taught Me

Dating 101: You Will Survive!