SleepLESS Beauty

The reality of motherhood.

If my daughter was a deep sleeper like Aurora, I would be the most well-rested mom on earth. Unfortunately, Rei is the antithesis of deep sleep. Recently, she has decided to start her day at 5am. I try different ways to extend her sleep, but she has definitely made up her mind to wake up just before the sun rises.

Oh well... It's the start of another day.

The moment Gian comes home from work, we start our morning routine.
I prepare breakfast, he plays with Rei.
She naps, we eat.
He bathes her, I do the dishes.
I feed her, he does the laundry.
And the list goes on.

The goal is to finish all our chores before Gian goes to bed and before I have to start work. I look at the clock and it's already 11am. As I stare at the messy floor and the clothes that need to be folded, I wonder how other moms do it.

I ponder long and hard, then I realize my biggest mistake... I've been waking up each day thinking that everything will go according to MY schedule. And if it was up to me, we'd start our day at 7:30am. But alas! My daughter has a mind of her own. I need to accept that, and learn to cope with it.

So how do I "cope?"

1. Learn to take 5-minute baths.
2. "Schedule" my bathroom breaks. Yes, it can be done!
3. If #2 fails, play her favorite video to buy some time.
4. She naps, I nap.
5. Cook all meals in the morning, so that when it's dinner time... just heat it up.
6. Enlist the help of her Papa, Tita Tin, Nanang, and whoever is willing to babysit.
7. When she's too fussy, smile. Then take her outside.
8. Learn to do everything while holding a baby in one arm.
9. Bring out the baby carrier.
10. Indulge on a favorite treat and say to myself, "I deserve this!"

Being a stay-at-home mom is hard. I've never been so tired, but I'm definitely the happiest I've ever been in my entire life. I wouldn't have it any other way.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dating 102: Diskarte Mode

What 13 Hours of Labor Taught Me

Dating 101: You Will Survive!