First Day of Class

The October term has officially started. I have 4 one and a half hour classes every day. I start at 9am and end at 5:30pm, Mondays to Fridays. Talk about teaching full-time! I really appreciate that I have the weekends off. Just as I’m thinking about my schedule and all, I suddenly realized that I am LITERALLY back in school. Not as a student but as a teacher.  My aunt was right, I didn’t REALLY graduate because I am back to where I started… in a classroom. Hahaha!

My alarm rang at 6:30am this morning. I snoozed it a couple of times before realizing that I needed to get ready soon. I finally woke up at 6:45am. I thought it would be easier waking up in the morning now that I’m older. Well, it's not. I think it actually gets harder. Hahaha! My blanket feels a lot more comfortable especially when I know I have to get up soon. Anyway, getting ready for the first day of school is as exciting as ever. You always end up asking the same question: What am I going to wear?
before class
I had 3 out of four classes today. No one signed up for my 9am class. Well, I don’t really blame them. It’s even hard for me to be up and ready at that hour.  (^.^) I could just imagine the kids still rolling in bed at that time. Anyway, class was awesome. I ended my classes early since it’s the first day of school. I did a short introduction about the class, discussed our goals, and asked them about their expectations. It was nice and brief. Oh! We also played a game. I taught them terminologies used when playing cards then we played a short game right after. I love games. It makes learning a lot less intimidating. “Get to Know You” games are of course a must for first day classroom instruction. I do not like asking students to introduce themselves in class. I didn’t like doing it when I was in school and I certainly don’t want to do it in my class. Instead, we did 2 truths and a lie. We also did a “guess the answer” kind of activity. The kids had fun and I am satisfied.
after class
My legs hurt. Did I mention that I teach barefoot? It’s a Thai custom to remove one’s shoes when entering someone’s house or visiting certain establishments. My classroom is on the 3rd floor of our building and we have to remove our shoes when we go up the stairs. I need to buy room slippers… maybe a pair of bunny slippers. That would be entertaining and distracting at the same time. It would definitely achieve its purpose. Hahaha!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dating 102: Diskarte Mode

What 13 Hours of Labor Taught Me

Dating 101: You Will Survive!