Simple Pleasures

The October term is finished. I taught my last class last October 18 and I feel relieved. Don’t get me wrong, I love teaching… I’m just not used to teaching the whole day. During my internship, I only taught one class a day for one and a half hours. Most of my time was spent on creating materials and preparing for my class. I had a lot of time to prepare and I wasn’t on my feet the whole day. This is one reason why I felt like the October was a teacher’s boot camp. I taught from 10:30am to 4pm. I had an hour lunch break at noon and that was it. That was my schedule for 14 days during the term. It was good training. I guess I can say that I am a tougher teacher because of my experience (*.*)

Teaching in a small city has its benefits. I can get around the city easily and there are lesser chances of getting lost. Hahaha! But aside from that, it also taught me to enjoy the simple pleasures in life. My idea of having fun after work is mainly eating out or watching a movie at home. I try to visit new places once in a while and that’s also very entertaining. Example, three weeks ago we went to a Buddhist temple to relax and have fun.



The Nong Bua temple is one of the bigger temples here in Ubon Ratchathani. The architecture is based on an Indian Buddhist Temple.The inside is just as fascinating as the outside.




I love the intricate designs of Buddhist temples. I can just imagine the amount of work they put into each structure. Below is a picture of a pole just outside the temple area.



Each temple is unique and has its own story. I love learning about their beliefs and how it influences the culture of Thailand.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dating 102: Diskarte Mode

What 13 Hours of Labor Taught Me

Dating 101: You Will Survive!