The Pleasure of Eating Out


Gian and I are far from being professional food critics, but we definitely enjoy finding good places to eat. We are especially fond of going to restaurants that are recommended by friends. It is one of our favorite date night activities. Even though going out has been a bit of a challenge since I got pregnant, visiting our favorite restaurants has remained a pleasurable experience (especially when I was too nauseated to cook).

So, here's our top 4 recommended restaurants (in no particular order) around Quezon City that you might want to try.

Disclaimer: I was not paid to endorse any of these places. The real purpose of why I'm sharing this is to get a list of your favorite restaurants that we can try as well.

Barney's Burger @ J.P. Rizal Street
Well, there used to be one along J.P. Rizal but it recently closed down, which caused great sorrow to Gian and myself. So sad. I hope we'll find another one close to where we live.

My husband is not really into burgers, he's more like a noodle person. He likes ramen, mami, and basically anything with soup in it. I, on the other hand, love burgers. And because he's a good husband, he gives in to my wishes once in a while. Of all the burger places we've tried, he liked Barney's the best. So whenever my burger cravings kicked in, it was the place to go. It was also just a 10-minute walk from our apartment. We always ordered the same thing: Fully Loaded Supreme with fries on the side (PhP129). And even though we're both grown adults, we always split the burger in half. Don't ask me why... it still amazes me that we get satisfied sharing one burger between the two of us.

Banapple @ Gateway
I don't know if it's really their food or their generous serving that keeps us going back over and over again, but we do enjoy our visit every single time. The place is quite cheery and it's almost always full of people, so it's not really your ideal "romantic date" but the food is well worth your money. I love trying a different dish every time we visit and it's nice that they have a variety of food on the menu. I think my all-time favorite is their Hickory Smoked Barbecued Country Ribs (PhP240) which Gian enjoys as well. The last time we visited, we tried their Banana Chocolate Peanut Butter Smoothie and it was heavenly!This restaurant is highly recommended for those with big appetite because their servings are huge.

Tim Ho Wan @ North Edsa
We've only actually visited the restaurant twice, but it has become one of our favorite places to eat. If there was one close to us, we'd probably visit it more. Our favorite is their Baked Bun with BBQ Pork (PhP145) and their Spare Ribs Rice (PhP170), and we always order one or two orders of dumpling on the side. Their servings are smaller compared to the other Chinese restaurants we've visited and it's because you're really paying for the quality rather than quantity of the dishes. It's more of a feast of flavors than filling up your stomach.

Silantro Fil-Mex Cantina @ UP Town Center
One indication of a good restaurant is your willingness to go out of your way just to eat their food. That is the case with our on-going love affair with Silantro. Although UP Town Center is not far from where we live, it's not really accessible either. There are no jeepneys going in that direction, so taxi is the best way to go. But oh it so worth it!

A must-try is their Beef Nachos. It costs PhP180 and can be shared with a group of people. But from experience, Gian and I have no trouble devouring that dish with just the two of us. I could probably even finish it on my own if I really want to. My other personal favorite is their Burrito which is packed with yummy goodness. They also serve their own sauces which intensify the flavors to a whole new level. It's a definite win.

Now it's your turn to share. What's one of your favorite restaurants to visit? We might try it out for our next date night.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dating 102: Diskarte Mode

What 13 Hours of Labor Taught Me

Dating 101: You Will Survive!