Project ME: Getting Started

If there's one thing that changed after I got married, it's definitely my WEIGHT. A lot has actually changed since then, but that's a story for another time. Today, let's just talk about my weight issues.

I've always been a chubby kid growing up, so I've kind of gotten used to being on the heavier side of the scale. But when I got married, my nonchalant attitude towards my weight reached its peak. I just did not care anymore. In my mind, I was already hitched so I didn't have to worry about looking good. What a lame excuse, right? I also got pregnant shortly after our wedding, so I had the perfect reason to be lazy and eat to my heart's content.

I gained 15 kg (about 33 lb) when I was pregnant with my daughter, and that weight did not come off after I gave birth. I did lose 5 kg (which was technically Rei's weight, placenta, etc.), but the rest of the weight I gained STUCK. Sadly, I did not care much about it either. I had just given birth and losing weight was the least of my priorities. I was also breastfeeding and constantly hungry, so eating became a hobby. Obviously, that did not help my case at all.

Fast forward to May 2018. My daughter had just turned 18 months old and my 31st birthday was coming up. I was lying in bed, nursing my daughter to sleep, and I realized that I was not getting any younger. I know 31 is still young, but my body did not feel young. I was constantly tired, out of breathe, and heavy. I felt really heavy, literally. As I was thinking about my predicament, I read a friend's post on Facebook about self-love and being comfortable in one's own skin and it really made me think more about how I felt about my body. I realized that I DO love my body, but I was NOT comfortable with the additional 10 kg I was carrying around. Of course I wanted to lose the extra weight, but it's really challenging to get started. I needed a little extra boost to get me going, so I decided to try dōTERRA Slim and Sassy.

Investing in a metabolic supplement was not just about losing weight. It's about taking steps to a healthier and happier ME. This is my self-care journey and I want you to be a part of it.


From the time I started taking dōTERRA Slim and Sassy and also working out every day, I have lost 6 kg (13.2 lb) and will hopefully lose more.


I still have a long way to go, but I'm happy to see the small changes in ME. Follow my next post about HOW I did it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dating 102: Diskarte Mode

What 13 Hours of Labor Taught Me

Dating 101: You Will Survive!