Emails to My Daughter

My two-year-old has an email account. Gian and I created it before she was born. We got the idea from another mom who has done the same thing for her two kids. We thought it was a great way to store memories of Rei's milestones and experiences growing up, and it's a lot more convenient than writing things down on paper. We include pictures and videos whenever possible, but most of the time, we write her stories.

Writing to our daughter helps me cherish the moments I have with her. It also allows me to share my innermost thoughts and feelings. I've sent her a lot of emails in the past two years, but my favorite ones are those that her father had sent.

One email he sent was when she was only four months old. It had a picture of me sitting on our bed with our daughter in my arms. We were both asleep. He had taken the picture after he found us in our room when he came home from work that day. His email was really simple, and it didn't have an elaborate explanation of what had happened. However, it's something I have cherished as a mom and a wife because it was a message of appreciation written by a father who recognized a special moment and felt that it was something his daughter should read about someday.

My husband is not great with words, but he was able to capture the essence of that very moment. He shared with our daughter what he understood about motherhood and sacrifice.

Time flies by so fast when you have a child. Each day is filled with memories and moments that I would want to remember forever, but my brain is not capable of such thing. Writing emails to Rei is our way of reminding her and ourselves of those sweet experiences we have as a family.


Comments

  1. Thanks for sharing Ate, gagawin din namen to sa magiging anak namen.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Dating 102: Diskarte Mode

What 13 Hours of Labor Taught Me

Dating 101: You Will Survive!