Reawakening My Creativity

I'm currently reading a book and it has stirred some ideas that I have put aside for a while. The book is Big Magic: Creative Living Beyond Fear by Elizabeth Gilbert. A friend had suggested it during a discussion about doing something that we love.


I love being a mom and it's a very exciting life. But I would have to admit that after a whole day's work, there's not a lot of time at the end of the day to indulge in something creative. By the time my 3-year-old is in bed, I'm too tired tired (or lazy) to do something else. I usually just binge watch on Netflix or watch a bunch of random videos on YouTube. It's acceptable, right? I mean, I deserve the break after all...don't I? 

But maybe, there is something more. 

In the first chapter of Big Magic, Elizabeth Gilbert talked about how bravery and creative living are inseparable. She shared this thought from an author that she deeply admired.

"Without bravery, [we] would never be able to realize the vaulting scope of [our] own capacities. Without bravery, [we] would never know the world as richly as it longs to be known. Without bravery, [our] lives would remain small - far smaller than [we] probably wanted [our] lives to be."

This made me think about my life and I had to ask myself, "Have I realized the vaulting scope of my own capacities?" "Is this the best I got?"

Well, the obvious answer is NO. There is so much more inside of me waiting to be unleashed. I KNOW I have something more to offer. And I guess that's why I'm here, writing this post after a year of hiatus.

So what do I do now? Where do I start?

Hmmm... I guess that would be a good topic for my next post.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Dating 102: Diskarte Mode

What 13 Hours of Labor Taught Me

Dating 101: You Will Survive!