Pinas, Be Ready!

After I finished my teaching contract in Thailand, a few of my friends asked me why I'm going home to the Philippines. For them, I'm turning my back on great possibilities. I understand their sentiments. There's plenty of opportunities for me to teach in Thailand and the pay is really good.

So, why am I going home? Let's see...

First, family. Do I mean having a family of my own? Well, yes... but, that's #2 on the list. I'm relocating to the Philippines because that's where my family lives. My parents are going home soon and I want to live close to them. After Hawaii and Thailand, I'm ready to return home. Besides, there's so many things I miss from the Philippines such as the festive holiday celebration, family reunions, fiestas, and of course the FOOD!

Second, marriage. I'm getting older and it's time to settle down. There I said it! However, it's not because I'm getting older that I want to get married. I believe in marriage and the purpose of having a family and that's why I want to have a family of my own.

I know what you're thinking, I don't have to be in the Philippines to get married.  That's true. But considering my preference for Filipino guys, where would I meet more Pinoys than in the Philippines. Right?!

Third, my faith. As a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, I believe in building Zion in my home country. Elder Dallin H. Oaks said,
"In the early years of this last dispensation, a gathering to Zion involved various locations in the United States: to Kirtland, to Missouri, to Nauvoo, and to the tops of the mountains...With the creation of stakes and the construction of temples in most nations with sizeable populations of the faithful, the current commandment is not to gather to one place but to gather in stakes in our own homelands."
The Church is growing in the Philippines and it is my desire to help build Zion there.

Lastly, an answer to prayer. After much pondering and praying, going home was the answer I received. The Lord knows my desires and I know that He has a plan for me. So, even though I feel like I want to travel the world, that will have to wait because when you receive a prompting... you DO IT!

So, Pilipinas, are you ready for me? Coz I'm coming home.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dating 102: Diskarte Mode

What 13 Hours of Labor Taught Me

Dating 101: You Will Survive!